My Passion –
I am in love with technology, particulalry internet technology. My focus is on affordable consumer technologies right now. The idea that technology can be a equaliser and democratise access to information is quite heartening. I want to see how we can transform each others lives with technology.
My mission –
I am pained by the way Mumbai is turning out. Instead of getting rid of potholes, people prefer to buy costlier cars. Instead of having better medical care people prefer to opt for the expensive healthcare solution. The state is pretty much saying that if you can afford it, you can have the quality of life fit for a decent living. Otherwise you are pretty much on your own.
I want to make cities better. I want our cities to offer better houses, efficient transportation, and safe and vibrant neighbourhoods.
Leverage Technology to make city better. Make an Impact, increase brand recognition and reach..
Photo by Dan Gribbin on Unsplash
Here is an interesting presentation by Ashish Puntamberkar. I don’t believe Mumbai is dying as Ashish says, people die, places don’t die, and the old gives in to you. But we certainly could well do with better Infrastructure! I was trying to find someone who really cares and also capable of visualizing such a change, Ashish Puntambekar is one such visionary. Check out this video below
Some Features of this Project are
1 Provides free housing, affordable education and healthcare for 9 Million slum-dwellers based on the dwelling concept
2. Provides better & faster Transport : 210 Km of Underground Subway … 60 % Reduction in Network Loa
3. Repays , the entire US $ 46 Billion debt of Maharashtra State as a single bulletpayment to deliver a debt free state by 2014
4. Transforms Mumbai into a large International Financial Centre : Creates two new financial centres and & Other Amenities … Universities etc
5. Invests US $ 40 Billion in Rural Education and another US $ 50 Billion in Rural health ( Total $ 90 Bn ) … to implement President Kalam’s PURA Model…thereby preventing Rural Migration to Indian cities.In addition the project will finance an additional 30,000 check dams in Marathwada and Vidharbha to raise water tables and will build a huge Ring Corridor in Maharashtra ( Mumbai – Nashik – Nagpur- Gadchiroli – Nanded – Pune Mumbai )
6. Applies principles of Intelligent Urbanism to create large open spaces, recreation facilities and culture facilities in Mumbai that will rival the worlds leading cities
7. Finally … the project will catalyze a tripling of the city’s GDP by 2018 and … by 2024, Mumbai’s GDP will exceed Singapore’s current GDP @ $ 310.69 Billion